Isabella's Blessing Day

So first of all I owe a big THANK YOU to Julie Campbell and Beth Clayton!! Julie was so kind as to have taken pictures of the big day ( completely spaced it......I did the same thing on Hannah's blessing day............didn't get any pictures, except for the day after with her in her dress by then everyone had already left) And Beth for writing down the blessing for me on paper(with Hannah I didn't think about it until it was to late.)

It was a beautiful day! We went to sacrament meeting at 11:00 am. We were hoping to make it to Annabell's blessing but realized a day or two before that we would need to ask for permission from the Bishop to have the blessing in our home. Dan had started school that week and had been working double the day before so it just kind of fell through the cracks until last min. We came home and prepared to receive everyone. We cut up fruit and sliced rolls. It was wonderful having both mom's there to help get everything ready.....I was in a panic trying to get everything done. It didn't help that 20 min. before everyone was suppose to arrive we went to wake Hannah up from her nap to find she had gotten poop all over her room!!! Suffice to say we didn't start the blessing until 3:15 pm (instead of the 3:00 pm we had planned) because we were still busy preparing AND we were waiting on a Bishopric member. I way over estimated on food and under estimated on the number of people who would be there for the blessing (how you can overestimate on food and underestimate on people......only thing I can say is.....being sleep deprived does strange things to you plus I think I was still on painkillers:) It was so wonderful once everyone arrived to have so many family members and friends to help us celebrate this wonderful event in our home. We had both grandma's in attendance, the Meyer's, our neighbor Sho, My friend Kristi, our home teacher, two bishopric members, Uncle Keith and Aunt Connie, Cousin Mike and Beth, Cousin Julie and Joe, Cousin David and Heiwan(I'm not sure how to spell her name but it sure is a beautiful name) and Cousin Matt. Thank you all for sharing this special occasion with us!







A few main points from her blessing were:
- While opening the blessing he said "We bring this perfect baby before you." I really love this part because she is so perfect in every way.
- She was blessed that her mental faculties would be unimpeded and she would be blessed that she would be fast to learn.
- She would be sensitive to the spirit through out her life.
- She was blessed that she would be an influence for good and would have a strong desire to help others.
- She was blessed that she would meet a worthy young man and be sealed in the temple.
- She would always know that she was loved by her Heavenly Father and her family.
- And finally that she would be powerful in the gospel.

As I heard this blessing and every time since then that I read her baby blessing, it brings tears to my eyes. It brings tears to my eyes because I feel so honored that I was chosen to be this perfect little girls mother. The Lord trusts me SO much that he sent her into our family and that we will get to teach her and help her to fulfill her potential. I love her so very much. I would also like to share a little bit from another blessing I was given the night before I went into be induced. In the blessing I was told several times that I would have a clear and perfect memory of the birth of this child and that it would be a testimony to me throughout my whole life as a mother. I remember the spirit that was in that room as this little girl was brought into this world and the love that we all felt for her. I know that the Savior lives and loves us all so much. He has given us this beautiful plan where we can live and be together forever as families. I am so glad for this gospel, it is such a reassurance to me as a mother that my children will grow up to know who they are and where they came from.

Isabella Nicole Clayton, you are loved by so many. I hope you will always know how much you are truly loved. I will always love you with all that I have.

A last minute thought: I was thinking as I was ending this that I wished we had our own home in which we could bless all of our children in. Wouldn't it have been such a sweet memory to be able to look at our living room years from now and think back on the baby blessings that took place in that room. Then I realized, a home doesn't have to be a house that you own but a home is where ever you make it. Just because I won't be able to look at this living that we live in now, the memory of Bella's blessing day will not be any less sweet. I think it will be more sweet because of the sacrifices we are making by starting a family even though we don't own our own home or a have a new car and the many other things people think you have to have to start a family. I look forward to blessing more babies in our other 'homes' because it will be many babies down the road that we will own our home in which we live in. ;)

Comments