Hannah's 4th Birthday Party

This year we decided to throw a birthday party with friends for Hannah.  When I asked her what kind of party, with out hesitation she said, "A mermaid party!"  I decided to make the party real small with only a few friends.  And after talking to Hannah about what she had in mind, I knew she wanted it to be super girly!  So we decorated the dining room to be a 'mermaid cave.' I made each girl a mermaid tail to take home and to wear if she wanted during the party. And Shalyse made matching hair flowers to go with the tails for me.  Shalyse helped me so much with everything including the mermaid tails!  Thank you Shalyse!  As the girl's arrived they got to choose what color of tail they wanted.  We made necklaces, fixed their hair, painted nails and talked about mermaids :)  We had a lunch of shelled mac n' cheese, fruit salad as 'fruit of the sea,' fish sticks as 'chicken of the sea,' and then 'sea' water which was just plain water put the girls all thought it was pretty novel.  We then sang happy birthday and had cake.  We finished up with 'going fishing' for prizes of things like necklaces, ring, bracelets, and glow sticks.  And then last of all we opened presents.  Hannah really had a good time and it made everything worth it to see her enjoying her special day.



Birthday girl in her mermaid tail!  She wouldn't wear the top I wanted her to.

'Mermaid Cave'
Tissue paper pom pom.  They are so easy and fun to make!





Birhday cake.  It's a sandcastle!  I didn't put as much time as I could have on it.  I finished it 10 min before the girls arrived.

The other 4 mermaid tails.  I made a total of 6.  2 gold, 2 purple, and 2 turquoise.

She was pretty excited.








The girls who were there.  There were 2 more girls that were not able to come.  I was so glad it was a smaller party!
Going 'fishing'








What beautiful girls!

You can see the pretty matching flower that Shalyse made in Lela's hair.


The matching beautiful flowers! 



Comments

  1. I just cant quit smiling Love you all so much MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice theme for the birthday. All the girls look so adorable in the pictures, they must have enjoyed the party a lot. I’m also organizing a party for my daughter’s 7th birthday which is in a few days. And it’s good to hear my parents will be joining us for the event, as I haven’t seen them since months. We have a long guest list for the party so we booked a suitable party hall at the event space NYC.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment