Freezer Meal Shopping Day 2 and Cooking/Baking day 2 & 3

I am finished!  I was able to get finish the shopping for day 2 and 3 when I did my grocery shopping on April 30th.  I had planned to start cooking on April 30th but was only able to get the Mexican soup finished.  I was able to finish the majority of the cooking and baking on May 1st. I was very sad when my kitchen aid broke the day before I went grocery shopping.  I was able to use my mother in-laws bread maker to make the the french bread dough but had to wait until I was able to troubleshoot, order and get the gears to fix the kitchen-aid.  We fixed the kitchen aid Monday evening and I finished the freezer meals yesterday.  I do still need to make the cinnamon rolls but those are optional.

Here is what I was able put together for day 2:
- 4 Mexican soup meals
- 3 Sloppy joes
- 2 Quesadilla Casserole
- 2 Blueberry and Peach baked oatmeal
- 2 Pumpkin blueberry french toasts
- 2 Ham and cheese braids
- 3 Beef chimichanga meals
- 11 smoothie servings

Day 3:
- 2 Pizzas
-2 Farmer's breakfast casseroles
- 2 Brownies
- 3 dozen PB Monster cookies
- 14 breakfast burritos
- 24 Biscuits
- 3 Orange dream pies

Here are pictures:

I wasn't able to fit all the groceries on the table there were so many!



I substitued ground turkey for ground beef.  The ground turkey was only $1.69 per lb., where as the ground beef was $2.89 per lb.  I ended up purchasing 17 lbs!!


Chimichangas

Mexican Soup

Sloppy Joes

Quesadilla Casserole filling


Ham and cheese braid.

Outside freezer.

Inside freezer.

In total I think I was able to make 40 meals total, biscuits,breakfast burritos, smoothies and several desserts!  I am quite happy with how I was able to accomplish what I set out!  I'll update as we start to use the meals and let you know how they work and of anything I would do differently.

My next update will be on our garden!  It's been interesting this year.

Comments