2 weeks of Insanity....

Or at least it has felt like insanity.  Last week was full of fun and work!  Last Monday wasn't too busy.  Tuesday, I went to a friends to make headbands for the girl, taught piano lessons,brought dinner to a family and Dan had a Sunday School meeting with his counselors. Wednesday, was a 2 hour delay with the schools so the girl's didn't have school until 10:30 and 11:15 am, which really cut into the day but Dan worked from home.  Wednesday was the day we went to the Cheesecake Factory and the musical "Wicked." It was SO much fun!  Dan and I enjoyed a great night, it was fun to do something like that together.  We did get pretty tired and were struggling to stay asleep after the intermission.  Thursday night I went to the church to practice my piano music for the choir.  It's a struggle to find time to play and during the choir practices I'm playing on a key board which is SO different from the grand piano.  I enjoyed getting to go play on such a beautiful piano, uninterrupted and for as long as I wanted :).  I have dreamed for several years of having my own baby grand piano.  It wasn't until we lived with my in-laws, and I was able to play on my mom in-laws beautiful grand piano that I made it one of my top 'big' dreams. There's just something about playing the piano that just touches my heart. I've really been enjoying this new calling because of the push it gives me to get back into playing the piano and to improve my skills. Friday I spent trying to work on my talk for Sacrament meeting on Sunday.  I found that concentrating for a long length of time was near impossible!  There's nothing like a 2 year old and 8 month old to to distract you. Saturday I worked on my talk some more, we went to see Hannah's art work displayed, and stopped by the store to get some supplies for doing some more painting Monday. Bella became pretty sick Saturday night.  Sunday I was super nervous for my talk but through much prayer was able to speak just fine. I only had a few hiccups.  I am so glad I did it.  It's so easy to let my fear of stuttering keep me from doing what I want, I could let it rule my life.  But I want to improve on my speaking skills, which is why I asked to give a talk.  I was able to go to Relief Society for the last hour (it's great having so many workers and so few children in Nursery right now. :) And was able to learn about forgiving others. It was a great lesson.  This last Monday, the kids had off school and we painted the kids' hallway and bathroom.  I also convinced Dan to try putting a frame on our upstairs bathroom.  It was fun but we were exhausted. Tuesday the girls were off school again and we spent the day cleaning the house and getting it organized (my favorite thing ever!)   I started to work on my presentation I was going to give at our Self Reliance group Wednesday evening.  Wednesday,  I spent the day trying to finish my presentation for the Self Reliance group and trying to stay awake :).  The Self Reliance Group has been going really well and we had a great turn out. Dan also had his HOA Board meeting that same night so we divided up the kids. Thursday I began working on several displays I was asked to put together for a Preparedness Fair that was on Saturday.  So I spent most of Thursday and Friday putting together handouts on yogurt making, cheese making and homemade laundry detergents and other products.   I made 2 batches of yogurt out of powdered milk and store bought milk so that people could compare and contrast with samples during the display.  I also made a presentation to with pictures of the processes for yogurt and cheese making. And I made more laundry detergent to display. Saturday morning and part of the afternoon, I spent at the fair manning my displays and answering questions.  It was tons of fun talking to people about things that I knew and answering their questions!  I'm teaching in February for our Self Reliance Group and doing a yogurt and mozzarella cheese demonstration. Tons of people were excited about coming to the group!  Today was our first choir performance since I became the accompanist.  And they choir did great, I did OK :).  It was kind of a wild morning.  We arrived at church and the choir director received a text from her husband with him telling her he forgot to get the baby seat out of her car so Dan drove over to get them.  Meanwhile...I'm trying to play the piano with a 2 year old on my lap and a baby at my feet!  It was quite comical!  Sacrament Meeting wasn't much better :).  But we made it through and I'm glad I've been given the chance to grow. I think one of the hardest things with all that I had to accomplish this week, was doing it on very little sleep.  Faith is having some rough nights....and by some I mean pretty much every night. I'm starting to see the affects of sleep deprivation. It's been hard for me to focus, remember things, and I keep forgetting to turn off the oven, to fill the crock pot before turning it on (or turning it on completely) I forget we have food on the counters a lot of the time.  I've forgotten to strap Charlie into his cars eat.  Anyways, you get the point.....I've become a complete airhead!  I NEED some sleep and I'm hoping tonight I can.  I have  get our house ready because Dan is hosting the Neighborhood Garden Meeting in our home Tuesday (yes it takes 2 days to get my house in order :)! And before I forget let me share some wonderful news we received....Dan received a significant raise which will take effect in April!!  He received a promotion and is now an AVP!  He'll probably put over a team before the year is out.  I'm so proud of his hard work and we know that the Lord has blessed us and has given Dan the ability to provide for our family.  It's great to finally have our income growing and not just our family size :).  We're looking forward to the next 2 weeks of insanity.

Comments