While I was loading pictures I also decided to give Hannah's birth story, for those who haven't heard it yet. Her birth story actually starts at about 31 weeks. At about 31 weeks, I hadn't been feeling well and was in bed for most of the day. I had a hard time breathing and felt slight cramping along with sharp pain under my right rib cage. We were going to go out to celebrate Dan getting his new job at Wells Fargo, which he had just come back from an interview and they had called saying he got the job. I was getting ready when I decided the breathing was getting harder. Daniel called the doctor's office(even though it was after hours) and they said to go to the hospital because I could have a blood clot in my lung which could cause some serious problems. I went in and was hooked up to the monitors just to check on the baby and was having irritable contractions. The doctor decided to check me and found that I was effaced to 80% and was 3 cm dilated. I was given a some medicine to stop the contractions and a shot for the babies lungs(just in case). I was taken down to get an x-ray of my lungs(which I was worried about because i was pregnant). The x-rays came back fine so the doctor decided it could be appendicitis because of the side pain but but it is hard to diagnose when pregnant. Meanwhile, I started having regular contractions and lost my mucus plug. The doctor then decided to move me to a bigger hospital because I wasn't far enough along for them to be able to take care of my baby. I had the choice to have her there and they would stabilize her then move her OR they could move us both before I gave birth. We opted to be moved before hand so i could be closer to her. An ambulance came to pick me up.......I had to get on a stretcher while in labor(not that fun). When they moved me,I was 100% effaced and 4 cm dilated. The contractions became faster and stronger. I arrived at the other hospital and they had the NICU doctor come and explain what would happen and how we would be updated and such. But luckily with in 3 hours of arriving at the hospital, they were able to stop the labor. I was there for almost a week, when they decided I could go home. I was on strict bed rest until 36 weeks. At 39 weeks I went in for an appt. and they found out I was dilated to 5 cm and my blood pressure was elevated so they decided to induce me with in the hour. I went and picked up Dan from work and we headed over to the hospital. We got there at 1 pm, the doctor broke my water and decided to wait on the pitocin and give me magnesium sulfate to lower my blood pressure. The contractions began after he broke my water and about 3:30 I was very tired from mag. sulfate so I asked for the epidural so I could get some sleep. They had to do some tests and put in a cathidure before hand. Well I felt the urge to go to the bathroom so I went and on the way back to the bed I was in so much pain it was hard to walk to the bed. The pain started getting worse and I began screaming. It was 4:00 by this time. The nurse came in and found I was dilated and called for the doctor. The anesthesiologist, came and gave me a small dose of pain killer into my spine , in which time the doctor appeared. He told me to push 3 times and out popped Hannah at 4:20 pm. It was quite the experience. I had to get two stitches. So that's my story!!

Comments