My 23rd birthday

So the morning of my birthday Dan had a job interview with Credit Suisse. Which he said went very well except for the fact that they had two internal candidates as well. Dan surprised me with some jewelry after at wonderful nap! And Dan's dad gave me a puzzle ring. And then later that night surprised me with a dinner at The Melting Pot. It was SOOOO much fun! The food was fantastic (four courses of the most delicious and fun foods I could imagine) ! And the experience was fun and I even had the best company someone could ask for! It was wonderful and I LOVED it!

My family sent me a box of delicious goodies, including different fudges, some English toffee, and lots of other good stuff!

My mother-in-law took me out to a delicious lunch at Red Lobster. Where we enjoyed a four course meal!

The Sunday after my birthday we had the whole family (minus Laurel) over for dinner and birthday cake. For dinner we grilled hamburgers, hotdogs and BBQ ribs. With lots of enjoyable side dishes. And for the cake I made a cake called hummingbird cake. It has bananas, nuts, pineapple, coconut and cinnamon. It was so enjoyable spending time with family. And I received some wonderful gifts!!! Vaughn and Becca gave me an embroidery machine that Becca's mom had given to her years ago. I was so surprised and excited. I think I said, "Oh my gosh!" At least a dozen times!!! Ben and Shalyse gave me lots of fun kitchen ware (we downsized heavily when we moved) that were wonderful and I'm excited to have my own kitchen in which to use them. And a bonus they were almost all red! Then The Parents and Josh gave me a fun Jelly Belly basket of goodies. And Dan gave me a piano music sheet book. Thank you all for making it so enjoyable!!






Hummingbird cake with dried pineapple flowers and toasted coconut on the sides. If you look to the left you can see some cupcakes I made with the left over batter. I put toasted coconut and whole pecans on top.





Comments

  1. katydid how did u get your pineapple flowers to look so good! yummy love ya mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy (belated) Birthday, Katy! You are so beautiful! Sounds like it was a wonderful birthday. Any news on a job for Dan? Maybe you have mentioned this or blogged about it but what about a house? We love you. Hope everything is going well for you. (We went to the dollar movies and enjoyed Thor 3D but missed seeing Dan :().

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment