Hospital Stay

Dan and I enjoyed our stay in the hospital. About 2 hours after Faith's birth we were moved to the Mother and Baby unit.  Dan went and got us some yummy steaks and chocolate pie for dessert.  They only had soup and maybe a sandwich at the hospital and I was STARVING!!!
A nurse came in around 6pm to give Faith her first bath.  We were able to finish eating dinner and getting comfortable just in time for family to come visit.  We were really looking forward to seeing the kids!  I already missed them, especially Charlie.  When everyone came we ended up with 14 visitors at one time!  It was a little bit overwhelming but great to see everyone.  I was also pretty drugged from the Percocet and Bendyrl.  I actually was a little giggly on our way to the Mother and Baby from the L&D unit.  Nurse Jenny thought it was pretty funny and said she was glad she only gave me one :). 
Sunday evening was a rough night for Faith. She wanted to eat constantly and wouldn't go back to sleep.  We discovered our second night she did a lot better if she was up right.  So we snuggled a lot of the night.  Dan would take the first shift of the evening so I could get some sleep and then I would take the later shift.  I spent all of Monday sleeping and resting.  We took a short walk but I could hardly keep my eyes open or concentrate on much. We also had a couple of visitors including our Labor & Delivery nurse, Jenny on Monday.
I always enjoy the "babymoon" as I like to call it in the hospital.  You can devote every moment you're awake getting to know your new little one.
My mom arrived Tuesday morning.  Dan went and picked her up after breakfast.  I took a nap, rested and meant with all the doctors to be discharged so once they came back we were able to get everything packed up and were ready to leave by 11 am.



Aunt Becca and Faith

Charlie was not a happy camper :).




Hannah was so excited to get to hold her!


Bella was also excited to hold Faith.


Our new family!

Trying to get Charlie to touch Sister.



Aunt Shalyse and Faith

We always have the baby give the siblings a present the first time they meet.







Uncle Vaughn and Faith.

When the nurse brought her back from her hearing screening they had all wrapped up from head to toe.

Daddy and his tiny bundle! She was lengthen of his forearm.




Wide awake and looking at daddy.
Grandma getting her dressed to go home!

Comments