A mother's worst fear

We all know that there are things we fear as parents. But being the mom you tend to spend more time with your baby just because you're home during the day which leaves you with a sense of more responsibility when it comes to your little one. Well the other day I did something that I was afraid I would do. I locked myself out of the apartment with Hannah still in it.......with no keys and not knowing who would have the key to open the door. You see, I was doing laundry which is just down the hall. Our door is one of those doors where when it's locked from the inside the doorknob still turns..........so it never crosses your mind is it unlocked or not. I was able to keep myself from panicking..........I was worried because I had no idea who our new managers were (the previous ones had just moved last week) . I did the only thing I knew......I went and knocked on different neighbor's doors just hoping one of the would be the new manager or would know who the new mangers were. And much to my great relief the first door I knocked at happened to know who the new managers were. We knocked on the managers door but no one answered. I have such great neighbors that he offered to help me and was able to get threw our bedroom window, which took about 30 min. due to the fact we live in basement. I was glad to find Hannah had not gotten into anything dangerous and had not even noticed I was gone! But overall it did not help my stress level!

To end on a happy note, we're working on solutions just in case something like this happens again! Which I hope it will not!

Comments

  1. Oh scary. I'm glad everything worked out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for helpful neighbors! Good job staying calm and asking for help. Just the right things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes that's so scary! I would have just died. I am so glad that she didn't eat anything bad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment