Hannah Stories

So lately Hannah has been doing some pretty funny things that I wanted to share.

About a week ago we were on our way back from Wal-mart and Hannah was getting bored and restless and started crying, so I handed her a dum-dum sucker that was wrapped up, thinking she would enjoy something new and wouldn't be able to get it unwrapped. When we arrived home we found she had torn off the wrapping and had eaten the WHOLE sucker. (At least it's not as bad as the time she saw my sister throw away her gum and then went and retreived it from the garbage........)

Our toliet is really old and when you flush it, it doesn't flushed very well unless you hold down the handle for at least 10 sec. Well, one morning Dan and I were talking and then we heard some splashing and realized Hannah was trying to fish some toilet paper out of the toilet! YUCK! We're not sure if she ate any of it or not. She really likes toilet paper for some reason. Whenever she's too quiet I'll check on her and either find that she has unrolled the roll that's next to the toilet or she's shreaded a, whole entire roll of toilet paper. She's also become a huge fan of the toilet bowl brush. The first time I saw her with it, she was putting what she could of the brush in to her mouth........another yuck!

Hannah has discovered she can climb onto things, so she's been using items around the house to help her reach things that are up higher (and I thought I had baby proofed everything.) Just the other night she climbed out of the tub. Luckily I was right there and prevented her from slipping over the edge.

It's also funny that she likes to put things into random places (she's always carrying something around the house). I've found so many things in the garbage that I had been looking for. Our most recent missing item is a shoe of hers that I've been searching for, for over a week (I just hope it didn't get thrown away!)

I have a visiting teaching companion and a visting teacher who are both pregnant. And whenever they hold Hannah she'll touch, lay her head down or cuddle with their tummies. It's just so cute because she'll lay her head down and then raise it up and then lay her head back down and 'talk' to their tummies. And she's so gentle, which is not normal for her.

In the mornings, Dan will always have yogurt first thing when he wakes up. Since Dan has been home for school break she'll walk over to him with her mouth open wanting some. It's just so funny because it's like she feels entitled to get yogurt every morning. She usually will come up to people who are eating and whine until they give her food but when it comes to yogurt she just stands there with her mouth open until you give her some. So now every morning they share a yogurt together.

Well, that's all I could think of for right now. I hope you guys enjoy the stories, even if they're not that exciting.

Comments

  1. Oh these are exciting Katy, thanks for posting! Man, she really must keep you busy! Andrea has done almost all of those things, except using other things in the house to reach other things. She definitely throws things in the trash. Luckily the only ones she can reach are the two I expect to find things in. So funny that they like to throw things away! What a personality Hannah has! I can't wait until we get to see her again. Andrea and Hannah and Benjamin are going to have so much fun together (causing trouble, too)!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment