Winning a Prize

So my friend, Kristi, told me about the summer reading program they have here in Provo at the library. They have weekly drawings for prizes, in which your name is put in however many times according to the number of books you read that week. And then at the end there is the a final drawing for prizes. Well, I didn't win any of the weekly prizes. Not a big surprise there. The only time I've ever won a drawing was one time when I was in 3rd grade.
My school did a Halloween costume drawing every Halloween. One of the mom's would make the costume for the chosen student. My school was pretty small. Grades K-8th were in one building and there was only like 300 students that went to this school. Well my name was drawn and I couldn't have been more excited.....I was able to fulfill me lifetime dream (the dream of an 8 year old girl) of being a beautiful princess! I'll have to try and find a pic and put it up here. It really was a dream princess dress!
Well anyways, for the final drawing I was able to get a prize!! I got a gift card to the Spark Restaurant Lounge! So we now can use it for some fun next month for Dan's Birthday! The Lord is most definitely looking out for us! It's amazing how many blessings we've gotten!

Comments

  1. That is so cool. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you won. This was a crazy year for me, I've never won anything from the reading program before. I am glad you can use it for Dan's birthday. All there of my family's birthday's are next month, so we are going to use our prizes for that too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment