First Trimester and lots more!

So I finally made it through the first trimester..........there were definitely days when I wondered :) Warning, this is a bit gross!!! I think this funniest story I have to tell took place about 4 weeks ago. Hannah and I were enjoying a relaxing evening watching Hulu. Hannah was drinking her nightly bottle (just as a little background-- Hannah had dropped from the 20th percentile to the 7th from her 12 month check up to her 15 month check up. She had also stopped sleeping through the night. A solution I found, since she had already weaned her self was to give her a bottle of formula before bedtime. It has dramatically decreases the number of nights she wakes up and I'm pretty sure she's gaining weight again.) and was just about done, when she started throwing up. YUCK! As soon as I realized what had happened, I also realized I was going to have to make a run for the toilet. Sadly, I didn't quite make it for the first wave but luckily I made it for the several other waves afterwords. Hannah was standing in the bathroom door just laughing and laughing, I'm sure it must have been a pretty hilarious sight. Hannah then decided to investigate what mommy was doing only to slip in the my missed aim for the toilet and landed with a loud 'THUNK.' Which was followed by a lot of crying and more throwing up in the toilet for me. I had to call Daniel because every time Hannah would try to seek comfort from me, I had to lean over the toilet again. So thank you Daniel for coming home for a short break and being my knight in shining armor. He was able to get all the mess cleaned up and was a great help!

Daniel is still waiting to hear back from any internships, we are really hoping that by the end of the month to hear back from at least one company. He applied to about 20, in many different areas. I think most are in the Dallas, TX and Salt Lake City area. So keep your fingers crossed for us! If we can't get a good internship the plan is to just stay here and Dan is going to try to take a few more credits. He only has 25 more credits until he can graduate! Then hopefully off to law school! He is enjoying his job as a manager and learning a lot about dealing with customers and many other things. The semester is a little more than half way over, so that's also pretty exciting!!!

It's been a full 7 days without any morning sickness and I'm already starting to forget how awful it was! I am now on an antibiotic, which seems to be working.........but it has only been like 2 weeks. I am now 14 weeks along and we are very excited to find out what we're having in 6 more weeks. We have a name picked out for either gender. So we're either going to have a Daniel Charles Clayton Junior or Isabella Leilani Clayton (I choose the first name and Dan chose the second, I know the names sound kind of funny together but how many people are actually going to know her middle name? :) So we will see!

Hannah has finally started using her potty, it's pretty slow moving but she loves her peanut butter M&Ms. We're still holding off on pull-ups or panties and just sticking with the diaper since she can take those of just as easily but hopefully with in the next 3 months we can make the transition. I just want to take the transition slow just to give her as much time as she needs. She can say over 25 words now, she's learning 2-3 words everyday and can sign just as many. And this Saturday we're going to be starting a swim class for mommy and your toddler! We are excited! I think that about sums up what's new!

Comments

  1. I am glad morning sickness is easing up for you. With some of my pregnancies, I put some dry toast in a baggie by the bed to eat when I got up before getting out of bed. Also, I have been eating a lot of peanut butter crackers. The added protein helps keep me full longer and the nausea at bay better than plain crackers or bread. We hope all the best for Dan and his internships. (We would love to have you stay in Utah and get to know you a little longer). Does Hannah like cheese? It adds good protein and you might try using an ice cube tray and dicing up soft veggies and fruits and adding dips like hummus, yogurt, mashed up avocados, etc. and let her "sample" foods for lunch and snack time. (Keep them on a little table at her level or make sure her feet aren't dangling off the floor and she will eat more).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh!!! For some reason my blog isn't telling me when you post something new! I just figured you were feeling too yucky to post. Well, it was really fun to catch up on everything you guys are up to and see all the photos of your beautiful girl! When Joey wasn't gaining weight, the Dr. had us give him carnation breakfast drink--I think we mixed it with ice cream and he got a shake every morning. Mmm... Wish I had that problem! :-) Anyway, can't wait to see y'all and spent some time with you and Little Miss Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment