Valentine's Day

It was nice because this Sunday as Stake conference! Which meant no preparing a lesson and only two hours of church. Daniel had been up until 4 am the morning before so it worked out great! Hannah did surprisingly good for such a little girl. She was able to keep occupied by flirting with a boy behind us ;) It was pretty cute because she kept waving to him, giggling, saying hi and trying to share her treats with him ( she was really showing him favor, she only shares her treats with only a few people). Too bad his was 10 years old :) Way out of your league, Hannah.

For Valentine's, my friend Kristi and I decided to get together to make some treats for our husbands! We made chocolate covered strawberries, red velvet cake balls, and Oreo kisses. The treats were delicious and it was a blast getting to spend so much time together!

This Valentine's I decided I would make a special dinner, it's usually Daniel who makes a special dinner but this last week with several tests and this weekend with a big project due, I decided I would make it! The beautiful flowers were from Daniel, he also got me a delicious box of chocolates.

I had kind of a Tuscany theme. The menu was spicy chicken with cherry tomatoes, garlic and marjoram, sun dried tomatoes baked into herb bread, roasted asparagus, and pasta salad made with adorable heart shaped pasta that my mom sent in a Valentine's package that she sent. The drink was a mix of cranberry juice, soda water, lemon juice, sugar and raspberry sorbet. YUM!


For dessert we had and Italian dessert called panna cotta ( if you haven't heard of it before it's like a vanilla cream that has been gelatinized) with strawberries and blueberries! So so so good.......


Hannah in her adorable Valentine's dress that my mom sent for her.



I had to put a picture up of her frown, she has become very good at it. She gives frowns alot, half the time we're not sure why. She usually wags her finger back and forth while she does it.



I had to put up a video, I hope you all don't mind! I can get her to say a few words but she was distracted by Daddy. The last couple of days she has really taken off with her vocabulary. She has started saying more and more words each day, not to mention they have started to become more clear.

Comments

  1. So, so cute!!! And that meal looks wonderful! You and Dan are so great! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like an amazing dinner! Very fancy. The drink sounded awesome. Hannah is so adorable. I can't believe she is starting to potty train. Girls are so much faster at this then boys (so I hear). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun Valentine memories! The food looks delicious. How cute a little frown is!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment