Another family update

So, I'll start off with Dan. It looks like we did not get an internship for the summer but Dan has been applying to more everyday. At this point we are pretty sure that we will just be staying here. Dan's plan is to take a few classes and work during spring semester. Summer semester he'll work and take an LSAT prep class. The LSAT prep class will be great to help prepare him for the actual test he will take in October. As we look to the future it is hard to believe that he will graduate from BYU this time next year. He is enjoying working as a manager, it's very relaxing for him and he's where he excels.

We've been having car troubles lately and I was so proud of Dan deciding he was going to fix it himself and doing it! He took out the starter, which took a lot of work to find because the car manual we had said it was in the back and we spent hours trying to find it and removing parts just to find it was actually located in the front. After much work and thought he was able to have remove the starter (only to find that wasn't the problem, even though everything pointed to it)and then put it back in with every part that we took out and to have it still run just great. We had had the battery changed back in November so we didn't think that was the problem. But after cleaning the terminals the car worked great.........for about a week. We then figured out it must be connecting wire from the battery to the starter( there was resistance when we checked the wire, which shouldn't be there) and changed that. Two weeks later it has started having the same problem, I'll let you know when we get it figure out! But what I was most proud of was that Daniel did all the work himself. He also replaced the serpentine belt in the car, changed out the axle and speedometer on his bike. It gives me a peace of mind knowing that I have a husband who is capable of doing such things. And I look forward to having him home for a whole week without school work!!!

As for me, I am enjoying being a nanny. I like to joke about how I am raising a baby(even though Hannah's not really a baby, she's still one to me), taking cake of a baby and making a baby ;) Hard work tell ya what :) I have enjoyed taking care of Ryan very much, I love his smiles and how happy he is......not to mention an excellent sleeper but it has been getting harder the bigger I'm getting (and I'm not even that big yet) I find that I become breathless very quickly and my body is just so tired.......especially from picking up and setting down two little ones. But I will miss Ryan when I can no longer nanny. I am now 20 weeks as of today. I actually realized that this is the day Hannah is exactly 18 months as well! So half way through a pregnancy and halfway through Hannah's second year of life. I received the second trimester energy for about a week but now I'm just plain tired! I have felt a few contractions over the last 2 weeks but nothing consistent, so I hope they are just strong braxton hicks contractions. I plan to ask the doctor more about it on Friday when we go in for another ultrasound!! We are very excited to find out what the gender is. I'll let everyone know!!

As for Hannah, she is doing great! I enjoy talking to her because she repeats every other word I say so it's a lot of fun to converse with her. It's so fun to hear how she pronounces different words. She has started saying a few 2 syllable words and her 1 syllable words have become so much more clear (the more she can talk the less signing she does). A few of the words that she can say are: sorry, please, hug, kiss, cracker, mama, daddy, 'Ry'(ryan, every baby is now Ryan for her), baby, chair, potty, bed, clothes, hat, coat, cold, hot, color, water, orange, cheese, please, more, kee-kee (is blanket),egg, eye, ear, nose, no( which she actually doesn't say as much as you would think) yes, duckie, kitty-cat, dog and of course hi and bye, plus so many more but I don't want to bore you with my list more than you already are :) She went to nursery for the first time by herself this last Sunday and did great! She wasn't sad at all and played well with the other kids (at least from what I was told, it's nice having your neighbor as one of the nursery leaders.) She was very glad to see me after church, I was welcomed back with a "mama mama mama" and outstretched arms :) We decided it was time to prepare for a toddler bed now so there was plenty of time for Hannah to get use to thinking of the crib as being the baby's. Talking to some of the other mom's they said it was easier and cheaper to just skip to a twin bed. Right now she's just on the crib mattress on the floor (we're still looking.) First we just took off the front railing of the crib and then after a couple of weeks went to the floor. She loves the freedom of being able to get in and out of bed whenever she wanted. Nap time is great because when she's tired she'll lay down and go to sleep on her own. Bedtime, I just have to tell her to go climb into bed for story time and she does it! She usually plays in her room until she's tired enough to lay down and go to sleep after I leave her. Some nights I find a crying baby by the door that I just move to her bed and she goes right to sleep. Overall, it's been great ( first 3-4 nights weren't the easiest but once she realized her freedom she was won over.) We love her and in a way I guess it's good she's growing up so fast to make way for the next baby........I do still get a little wistful sometimes but I love seeing her grow and flourish.

I think I will end this post now! And please excuse any mistakes i make in spelling or grammar, it seems that no matter how many times I proof read I don't catch a lot of them (it doesn't help that my proof reader is at work.) We love you all!

Comments