It's June already?

I realized today that it had been over a month since my last post. I'm sorry! It seems like time is flying by!!!!

Dan has his last final tomorrow and then will only have his LSAT prep class on Wed. and Saturdays. He is looking forward to having a summer off! It's been several years. We have lots of fun stuff planned, since this will probably be our last summer if we end up going to Law school back east. He is enjoying work. He was just put in charge of the work schedule for all the employees and has enjoyed the experience and being able to make his own schedule. He is back to working full time now that classes are over. An interesting thing that happened lately at work was, he had to deal with a homeless man who was smoking some weed during a movie. I will admit it's a bit surprising for Provo, UT. But then again there is a surprising amount of crime and homeless that exist. Last month a man ended up being shot. The man tried to shop lift some beer and was detained by two employs until the police showed up, when the man pulled out a gun when the police arrived on the scene he was shot immediately. What a shock, especially since we go shopping there weekly.......it's just so strange to imagine. But we have been lucky to have lived in a 'bubble' with being students at LDS colleges and living in complexes with lots of LDS students.

I have now finished watching Ryan. I am an achievement days leader, which has been lots of fun. They have talked about releasing me once this little girl comes, but we'll see how it goes! A project I have been working on is my kitchen. I will try to post some pictures with details! I LOVE how my kitchen turned out. So I am now in to my 29th week! It seems like it is dragging on! I am very much ready for her to come (just not as a preemie.) This last Friday I had a doctor's appt. where I had to do the glucose test. I work up at 8 am to drink it all (it was a lot easier this time around :) at 9 am I went and I had my blood drawn. I became a little light headed afterward and was given a granola bar and some water. I was glad to find that my blood pressure has stayed pretty low (another problem I had with the last pregnancy.) I've gained 28 lbs. which is 3 more than I had gained during my last pregnancy so I'm sure this baby will not turn out as small as Hannah (5 lbs. 14 oz.) They checked to see if I was dilating since we are coming up on the week when I went into preterm labor and were relieved to find there has been NO dilating or effacing. Since that was the case they felt if was safe to schedule my next appt. 4 weeks later. It has been great having a regular pregnancy! It has made me so happy!!! Now just keep your fingers crossed, 31 weeks is when I went into labor with Hannah.

We started getting serious with the potty training. The last couple of months we started introducing her to the potty and decided just to take our time. But I decided that since it's summer (easier to let her spend time outside in just a t-shirt), it's just me and her which will make it so much easier, and she is showing several signs of being ready that we were going to get her trained. Today was day 7 and about day 4 we started having more successes than accidents. So far I think it's going alright! We have 6 weeks to get her completely potty trained.......we'll see how that goes. She of course has started saying simple sentences like "I'm sleepy" "I'm naked" " I want..." "Love you" "Play with Hannah(our neighbor)""I got it" and my favorite :) "Dang it" and has become pretty assertive when it comes to letting us know what it is she wants. She continues to become more clingy but nursery has starting getting better. Dan and I spend Sunday school in nursery and then I go to Relief Society while he stays with her. We're thinking about trying to leave her on her own in a couple of more Sundays. She is such a ray of sunshine to us. We still love seeing what she'll say or do next.



So this was 25 weeks.



This week 29 weeks. There is definitely something growing :)



There's this duck that just walked into our apartment one evening. What a surprise! Hannah sure loved it!



Hannah, Hannah and Ruby swimming in our neighbors pool.

Comments

  1. I finally have been able to do some catching up on your blog. You look so great! That little girl of yours is an absolute doll. I can't wait to see her and all of you again. Good luck with the potty training. Sounds like she is doing really well. Hopefully she will remember the potty once her sister comes. Unfortunately for my mom, I went back to wanting my diaper changed once my younger brother came. Well, take care of yourself and I can't wait to hear and see more of your family!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment