Sushi night and some shooting




So for the last couple of months I've had the endless craving for sushi. But as you know it is not cheap. Which led me to the idea to MAKE some!!! It was surprisingly easy and fun to make! Not to mention delicious to eat!!!


We did the easiest, the California roll. Cucumber, avocado,
and crab. Next time we are thinking about trying to be a little
more adventurous
.

Getting ready to wrap make the California roll. We couldn't
find a bamboo mat so just used the kitchen drawer and cupboard
lining stuff. I was surprised by how shiny and dry that the
seaweed wrap(called nori)was.



Right before wrapping it up.



We had enough to make 5 rolls.





My happy husband. He was the one to actually
introduce sushi to me on one of our first dates.
It has become one of our favorites.



Monday morning we went shooting as a family. Dan has been wanting for go for quite a while but we just haven't had the time. It was a blast! We kept Hannah in the car and at a safe distance, she did get to 'shoot' a gun with Daddy's help. We were wondering if she would be frightened but she did just fine and even asked to shoot by saying, "I shoot." And was very excited afterward and kept saying, "I shooting." She also would say, "Mommy shooting" and "Daddy shooting." We were amazed at her comprehension. I think it has helped that Dan has started explaining at this young of an age how important it is that she not touch the guns or equipment with out help. She is curious but since she was born we have taken many precautions to teach her about handling guns (or more the lack of handling) and to keep them well out of reach with safety locks.





And I hope you don't mind but I have just a few pictures of Hannah (of course.) What is so funny about these is that I came into the bathroom to find her with my curling iron, the headband I use to push back my bangs when I was my face and some of my face wash. She had little white streak that I wiped off but besides that this is pretty much how I found her...........they really do watch everything you do!



Comments

  1. Wow, she is getting big. She looks a lot like Annalise in these pictures. I was thinking that and then John came over and said, "hey, how did Annalise get over there?" Too funny. I can't wait for these two cousins to meet! We are so excited to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you email me where you found all the stuff to make the sushi? I have been wanting to make some at home too since we love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the pictures of making the California Rolls. (Hyea Won, Daves wife, makes them and calls them Kim Pop...it is a common picnic food in Korea and I love them too!)
    Happy (soon-to-be) Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment