Contractions, Contractions Go Away

So Tuesday July 13th, I woke exhausted and noticed a few contractions here and there. I was watching Ryan that day so when it was time to put both little ones down for a nap I noticed that they had become regular and knew it was the perfect time to get some rest myself. I laid down and could still feel them coming. I took a nap and woke up and they were still regular. I called the doctor, by this point it had been 2 1/2 hours of regular contractions. The on call nurse told me to go straight away to labor and delivery to be evaluated. We got there and they got me all hooked up the the monitors and were able to see that they were about 2-3 min. apart. The nursed checked me to see if I had dilated. I had not. Afterward, the doctor was going to order to have the Fetal Fibronectin test down but since the nurse had checked me for dilating it could come back as a false negative. After she checked me they started becoming a lot stronger and regular. I was then given a shot of morphine to help with the pain and to help relax everything. Two things: getting a morphine shot HURTS and it's some amazing stuff (I was pretty loopy for the rest of the evening until I fell asleep.) It worked and stopped the contractions, I was sent home only after having spent 4 hours in the hospital. I was told not to do any heavy lifting, as little walking or exercise as possible and just to take it easy. Since we lived here in Provo the doctor also felt if was fine to let me go home.

Wednesday I had contractions that would become regular for an hour but then would slow down or go away. It was a full day of contracting and not contracting.

Yesterday, I was having a few random contractions so I decided it was safe to go visit my friend who was having a mommy group over. It was fund and enjoyable and she invited me to stay for lunch. I was noticing they were become more regular and finally they were becoming slightly uncomfortable and it was the toddler's nap times. So I came home and got some rest. The contractions slowed down. I was still having the occasional ones. At about 9 after Hannah finally went down (she had been having a rough time going down last night) they starting coming 2-3 min. apart. After and hour of the 2-3 min. apart I took a hot bath and that slowed them down so they were more like 5-10 min. apart. Then around 11:30 the started coming again 2-3 min. and had gotten stronger. I called Dan at work and he came home to give me a priesthood blessing and to give me a massage to help slow them down. Again we were able to get them slowed down and then I took some Tylenol to help with the pain. I was finally able to fall asleep at about 2 am and woke up with no contractions. So far I've only had the occasional contraction. It's frustrating for me not knowing if I should do to the labor and delivery or just try and wait it out. Anyways, thanks for listening to me. It's been super frustrating especially when they become uncomfortable. Enough complaining for now. Love you all.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry Katy!!! Hope Hannah lets you take it easy and get some rest and those darn contractions go away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment