2 weeks later.

So tomorrow will mark two weeks since we went into labor and delivery. This little girl has still not come. Tomorrow we go in for our 38 week Dr. appt. I am going to ask when I can be induced. With my high blood pressure that I've been having I don't want any complications. With Hannah I ended up being induced at 39 weeks for high blood pressure and was put on Magnesium Sulfate through the labor and for about 24 hours after she was delivered. I don't know if anyone has ever had to be put on it but it is NOT fun. You feel like you have the flu. I also don't want to end up having to have a c-section. They had me go in for a non stress test this last Friday and everything was fine. They also checked my amniotic fluid level. At this point about 16.7 cm is the highest. Around 10 cm they start keeping a close eye on you. Anything between 4-7 cm they become very worried. My AFL (amniotic fluid level) was at a 9.9 so I will have to redo the test tomorrow or Tuesday after my regular prenatal appt. And then i will have to have it repeated Thursday or Friday. They also keep emphasizing that I need to take an hour or two every day to count baby movements. It was really great because Friday evening after I had gone in for the NST, the Dr. actually called me to let me know that he would like me to have a NST done twice a week and to ask if i was counting baby movements and such. It was such a great feeling to know that the Dr. took the time out of his day to check on the results and then to call and discuss them with me. So we will see what tomorrow holds. I am really hoping we can get an induction scheduled next Tuesday. I will let you know what they say. But that's about it for now.

Comments

  1. Katy,
    Hello!
    I hope everything goes well at your doctor's appointment tomorrow and that the little lady inside checks out. Non-stress tests can be helpful and stressful.
    Let me know if I can watch little Hannah so you can do something wonderful for yourself (shop, cook, nap, listen to an audio book, call a friend, write in your journal, catch up on photos...)
    You are almost at the end of this long race.
    Remember to stay hydrated and eat well.
    God bless and you are in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment