Another update!

So this last week was our 3rd anniversary! We had a gift card to the Cheesecake Factory that we had been saving for several months. We were able to eat at the Cheesecake Factory on our honeymoon and both agreed it was our favorite out of all the fun places we had enjoyed. 3 years later, it is most definitely our favorite place to eat out at!!!!

Dan has been working a lot of doubles lately. It was to save up for the work he would miss while we were at the Clayton Family reunion but due to the baby situation we decided against going. In the end the money will be used for the time he takes off for when the baby comes! Hooray! We really miss him and are looking forward to spending more time with him.

As for me, we went in today for a Dr. appt. and were happy to discover that I have dilated to a +1 and am 65% effaced. A big change from the last Dr. appt. I went in not expecting much even though it has been pretty much 3 weeks of contractions and came out feeling a lot happier and optimistic to see that all the discomfort has been doing something! We look forward to seeing this little girl very soon. I find myself every once in a while becoming obsessed with labor but then take a step back and am able to relax about it. I am a little concerned about how fast this birth will go. With Hannah it was a pretty amazingly fast labor for a first pregnancy. The Dr. said it would a good idea to get to the hospital as soon as I could once my water broke, if there is blood or just strong contractions (and that is what gets me the most. How am I suppose to know that these contractions are the real thing when I've been having them for weeks and they have gotten pretty strong??) The day I had Hannah I had irregular contractions until it was time to push . Am I little worried? I think so :) I try to not let myself think of all these things, but of course you can't put them out of your mind completely.

Dan's mom will be joining us on August 10th! We are very excited to get to see her after 1 1/2 years! Part of me would like to wait until she's here to have the baby but the other half just wants to have this little girl! We'll see which side wins out.

Anyways, we love you all!! And hope soon to be able to making a posting full of pics and news of a new baby.

Comments

  1. So excited to see on facebook that you guys are having your baby or already had her! My mom is coming to visit on August 10th as well. I wonder if they'll end up on the same flight. Let me know if you guys need anything after little baby girl is born. I'd really really love to do dinner for you guys one night that your ward isn't doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment