Midnight on a Monday/Tuesday

So my last post was just Monday. I had consistent contractions starting in the late afternoon on Monday and they continued to get closer together until finally at 10 pm I called Dan at work and told him they had started becoming uncomfortable and they had been regular for several hours. He said he would have to wait at least 1 hour until he could close down. So while I waited I called our wonderful neighbor, Lisa. She is like the best neighbor and friend anyone could ask for (we are really sad that they are moving in just a few days.) She was going to watch Hannah for us for the evening. I got the hospital bag packed and then started my walking. They were becoming stronger as I walked and finally when Dan arrived after 11:30 pm, I was definitely ready to go. We arrived and got checked in at exactly 12:00 am (I know this because the computer updated while she was in the middle of checking us in.) They checked my cervix and i had dilated to 2+ cm and was more effaced from when I had been checked that morning. So they decided to check me again in an hour and see what would happen. At 1:30 am I had dilated to 4 cm, and started to have a bloody show. Alright! The Dr. decided to keep me because I was obviously in labor. They were very consistent and uncomfortable. An hour later I hadn't dilated any more so we began a walk around the halls, which was about 45 min. We got back and it was almost 4 am. She checked me again, still no progress. The contractions stayed about the same and hadn't gotten any stronger. She said she would call the doctor and that there was a good chance I would be sent home. She checked me one last time at 5:30 am and there was again NO progress. The nurse said that if I had been full term (we are only at 36 weeks) then they would have considered keeping things going. We were then sent home at 6 am. We were both exhausted and were very disappointed after spending hours talking about the arrival of a little girl which we are very excited about (Dan is just as, if not more, excited about having this little girl as I am.) Dan slept in until about 11 am. I wasn't able to get more than a solid two hours will all the discomfort of the contraction and how sore my body was. Plus Hannah demanded to be let out of her room at 10 am ( I had left some snacks for her in her room and honestly she had probably been up since 8:30 am.) We really hoped she would come yesterday. I was still having lots of bleeding and contractions. They just never were as consistent as the previous evening. I still have some pretty uncomfortable contractions but I don't want to go to labor and delivery just to be sent home again. So we will see how much longer she decides to stay in. I wouldn't mind as much if i wasn't so darn uncomfortable!!!!

Comments

  1. So sorry you haven't had her yet. I guess it's good for the little baby to cook a little longer though, even though it's not fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there girl. I am so sorry she didn't just come while you were in the hospital! She must still be in Heaven saying her good-byes to all her friends! Soon, soon, soon she will be here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment