Dan turns 26

So my sweet and wonderful husband turned 26 last Sunday. I know, I'm a week late on making a posting. Sunday morning, I had planned to make him breakfast in bed but got sidetracked by a toddler wanting some snacks, a blow out and a feeding. We just barely made it to church on time to be there for the opening song. Church was great. Poor Dan, was tired as always from working until 3 am the previous morning. We came home and fell asleep until Dan went to do home teaching. He came back and we prepared dinner. I had planned a special meal and was hoping it would turn out. I had planned a grilled spicy steak with an avocado dip that had sour cream, dill, lime juice and jalapeno in it. Shrimp which we decided last min. to season with some dill, garlic, and lime juice. And then grilled pineapple, asparagus, and mashed potatoes. I choose steak that was too thin and ended up being overly salty and the shrimp had a very strong taste of dill, which was just a strange flavor. But overall, I think it's the thought that counts :)
For his birthday cake I choose to make a lemon-blueberry cake with a white chocolate, cream cheese icing. I thought it was pretty good but I don't think it was Dan's favorite.......it did all get eaten though! There was no presents because we are still waiting on the arrival of it.......it was on back order. So even though it was order over 2 weeks ago, it's still not here.
Monday night we went out to dinner at Red Lobster with some gift cards we had been saving just for this special occasion. It was delicious and very nice to not have to worry about making dinner and then not having to wash any dishes.
I will admit, I felt bad that I didn't have any surprises or anything extra special planned. He deserves it and I know that that always one of the best parts of my birthday is seeing what he will surprise me with. But I guess he is always better at planning surprises! Like a this wonderful gift he gave me early for Christmas......but that's a whole other story.
Happy Birthday to Dan!!! You are so wonderful and I am blessed to have you as my husband!

Comments

  1. You are the man, Dan! Sometime when baby Bella is a little bigger we will have to get together and play some games. Happy 26.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy (belated) birthday. You are an impressive man, Dan, and an impressive couple. You are taking on wonderful and great challenges you two! Good for you for "bloggin" your memories with two sweet little ladies. We are close and so should you need babysitters ever--hope you'll call.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment