The first week at home



It's so hard to believe that it's already been a week since I went to the hospital to have this little girl. So far everything has been going great! Of course there is the hard things but overall this week has been great. Some of the challenges of the week have been:
- Not getting a solid nights sleep and then having a toddler who wants to get up before I am ready.
- Bella loves to eat and spend time awake during nap time so nap time has been very short.
- Breastfeeding has been slightly hard because Bella had a hard time latching on right so......cracked and bleeding nipples.
- I have fewer hands to help Hannah with what she needs.
- I have been SO sore.
Now for the all the blessings:
- Bella is a GREAT night time sleeper for a newborn. I have to wake her up about half the time after she has slept 5 hours. She sleeps at least 4 hours at night before she wakes up!
- Her awake and fussy time is during nap time so I only have to deal with one sad child at a time. Plus she is a great burper which helps to cut back on the fussiness. She's only fusses when she's hungry or has a really big burp that is stubborn.
- Bella latched on right from the beginning(Hannah had a really hard time latching on) and then when my nipples became sore, I was able to get free help from WIC and now on my way to recovering!
- Hannah is taking the new arrival so well. She adores Bella and asks to hold her.
- It's only been a week and all I can complain about is being sore.
- I have this new amazing child to raise who I couldn't love and adore more.

I love both of my girls so much! I couldn't ask for anything else!

Comments

  1. So cute! You have adorable girls! I'm glad things are going well overall for you. Hope you are feeling less sore and get some more sleep really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both so adorable! Hannah is so grown up and she talks very well! What a blessing to have 2 beautiful girls! We are so happy for your family! I hope you are feeling less sore soon too! We love you and are happy you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are beautiful. There is a wonderful feeling in your home. I respect you and Dan so much for being willing to be so unselfish and going ahead with your family instead of pursuing personal interests. Thanks for inviting us to the blessing. (I tried to record it on my phone but when we went to type it up last night it wasn't there! I am so glad Beth wrote down the thoughts as they were spoken and hopefully your recording worked :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment