Hannah's Halloween Birthday Bash

***** WARNING LOTS OF PICTURES ******
(Mom's I only put up a few of your children but have lots more so let
me know through e-mail or by calling me if you would like them)

So when I first started planning for Hannah's birthday party, I had this general idea. I didn't know how much work and how far in advance I would start preparing. I only broke down twice on Friday night and with a phone call to my sweet husband, he was able to calm me down. What would I have done without him that night. It made me realize that I can't do things like this on a small scale, I want everything to be 'perfect.' ( I had planned to put faces on the orange balloons to make them into pumpkins, faces on the white to make ghosts and wings on the black to make bats but didn't have the time. This was one of the reasons i was so sad luckily I was able to think of something else that looked just as good and was a lot less work.) Don't get me wrong all the work was totally worth it, just to see Hannah's face during different parts of the party.
It was so fun seeing everyone arrive in their costumes! There was about 9-10 kids and about the same with the adults, so we had a little over 20 people come! We had a yummy lunch which thanks to my friend Kristi, I was able to get at Costco for a great price! Then we started the fun activities. I had originally planned to have the party outside but of course as fate would have it, it was a very cold, rainy and windy day. So I broke the kids into two groups and had one paint pumpkins while the other made spider suckers. Then the groups switched. After the crafts, we did the pinata!!! Dan and I had started on it 4 days before just in case something went wrong and would have to redo it. It was SO much fun to make and the kids seemed to all love hitting it. After all the kids were able to fill their bags full of dollar store party favors and snack from Costco we did the cake! I think the most stressful part of the preparation was getting the cake and the cupcakes ready in time. I started about 7 pm Friday night and had to make 3 different batches of cake batter. I was exhausted by 9 and decided to decorate them Saturday morning. I would have done just the cake but after thinking about it I knew it would be easier for the kids to eat cupcakes and wanted Hannah to have a birthday cake because I didn't make one on her birthday.
Hannah loved the lit candles! She kept trying to blow through her teeth and after some amount of effort was able to get both of them blown out. She also loved having everyone sing "Happy Birthday" to her and of course all the presents!!! After everything was all over with I heaved a great big sigh of relief and cleaned the house! Would I do it all over again? Most definitely!
































Comments

  1. Great pictures and memories for Hannah! Bootiful cake--thanks for sending some home. So sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment