Halloween 2010

So I know I am a little behind when it comes to blogging. First of all, I've been dragging my feet to do this post I guess I was just feeling lazy. Second, I've been terribly sick. I'll just give quick little thing on some stuff that has happened recently.

So at my 6 week postpartum check-up I planned to have an IUD placed. The doctor got everything prep and what not, and was almost ready. He went to measure my uterus to make sure it would be placed in correctly. Man, was I was literally sweating and felt lightheaded it hurt so much during the measuring. Then I hear the doctor, in this slightly concerned tone, that I would have to come back to get the IUD placed because he believed he had perforated my uterus while sounding and the uterus would need time to heal. He also said he had never heard of such a thing, which is why he was unsure if that's what had happened. I found out at the next appointment that the measuring tool went all the way to 14 cm but my uterus was measuring at 6 cm(when they measured it with the ultrasound during the second appointment.)And they found the spot where I had perforated. Luckily no problems besides being in pain and yucky for a few days came of the perforation. When they placed the IUD at the second appointment it was a lot less painful and it was nice to be able to see what they were doing on a screen thanks to the ultrasound. I started having really bad cramps about 3 days after and then about a week later was having heavy bleeding and Friday night, on the 29th I started having a backache and felt like I had the flu. The next morning, Saturday the 30th we were told by the InstaCare clinic to go to the ER. So the morning of 'Halloween' was spent in the ER waiting for an ultrasound and then waiting for the results. They said everything looked great and to take some Ibuprofen and get some rest. I feel a lot better now almost a week later. Monday night, Nov. 1st I started to feel like my chest had a light weight on it. Tuesday morning I woke up and had a hard time breathing and my voice was very raspy. After a shower making it worse, some cold air from outside making me feel better and a long talk with Dan, we called Dan's uncle who is a doctor. His uncle said it sounded like I had a form of adult croup. He said I would be fine and to just get some rest and watch the little ones because it could be dangerous if they caught it. It's now been 3 days later and I am finely starting to feel better. It got worse before it got better but I am so glad for modern medicine. Anyways, now I will move on to HALLOWEEN!!!

Since we live in Utah, Halloween was celebrated on Saturday the 30th instead of Sunday the 31st. Hannah was a witch this year (if you couldn't tell from the birthday pictures) and Bella was a pumpkin! When we first found out I was pregnant, I saw that wal-mart had baby costumes on clearance. Saturday evening was the ward trunk-or-treat which ended up being in the cultural all of the church thanks to the cold, rainy weather. I originally hadn't planned to go because of the early part of the day and not feeling great but I knew Hannah would enjoy it and have her first chance to go trick-or-treating. And it didn't hurt that they were serving dinner. :) So that was our Halloween this year, not very exciting but maybe next year will be a little more fun. Here's some pictures:


Bella looks pretty terrified. Doesn't she :)




The outfit is 0-3 months but she sure looks a lot bigger, huh?


I also did this fun Halloween craft:

First, I spray painted a twig wreath I found at wal-mart black.


Then I hot glued on the candy called mary janes.
I finished it by added some ribbon. It weighs a ton :)


Comments

  1. I am so sorry that you have been so sick. I'm glad you are starting to feel better and hope that you will continue to get completely well. That craft is really cool. Take care of yourself and hug those little ones for me. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment