The Mythical Baby

So you know you've heard of that breastfed baby that starts sleeping through the night at 2 months. Or the one who only cries when hungry or tired. Or how about this one that has so much blond hair at birth you can put it in pigtails right away. Or the one who loves her pacifier. I know until I meant a certain young lady, I thought it was just a myth and that I would never get a child who was all of these things. Anyways, if you haven't guessed this post is dedicated to the newest member of our family, Isabella Nicole Clayton. Something wonderful happened tonight! She learned to giggle! I know it may seem like a small and not so big thing but it was a perfect moment. We were all together during bath time and Dan was making funny faces and next thing we hear this awkward, unsure giggle came out of Bella. Next thing we knew all four of us were giggling and I remember thinking it's small moments like this where your family is sharing this amazing moment together that make being a parent so wonderful and amazing, not to mention worth all the bad nights and days you have had and will have. This last week, I've been thinking a lot about what I am thankful for in honor of the holiday that's coming. And I have SO many things to be grateful for, I could go on forever. But today, I am grateful for my children and how they teach love, patience and purity to me. Everyday I learn something new. I am also grateful for the ability to have memories. I know I will remember this special moment like I remember Hannah's and now Bella first giggle, the joy is endless!



I see a lot of her daddy in her!


One of Dan's co-workers made matching hats for the girls! So cute! (poor Bella she always gets this terrified look on her face when Hannah's holding her :)


Smile! She always has a smile for me and will spend several minutes at a time talking to me.

Align CenterSnuggling with daddy. She is really starting to love those hands!

Comments

  1. Oh, reading your post just gives me goosebumps! What a wonderful moment for all of you. I cannot wait until the day that I can meet that sweet little girl. We think of you often and sure miss you guys. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment