Christmas 2010

This year we spent Christmas in Billings, Montana with my family. My Grandpa drove up from Manti on Dec 19th. We then drove to the Salt Lake Airport early on the 20th and arrived that same day about 3 pm in the afternoon. It was so much fun getting to see all of my family!! It was the first Christmas in YEARS. We spent the week having lots of fun and lots of good food! We had a big family dinner on the 23rd and a little program. Here are a few pictures:
Carly and Tara playing the Wii.


Bella loves that thumb!

Dan and I played mary and joseph.

Hannah was suppose to be the angel but wouldn't keep on her costume.

Blare was the wiseman.

Grandma told a story about my great-great-great grandmother. She also had a poster board that I wish I had gotten a picture of.

All of us minus Joel (he's taking the picture)


My mom with all five of us kids.


My grandparents and mom.


The two cousins giving hugs goodbye. Blare kept calling her little girl and she kept following him around telling him to wait up :)It was cute they sure seems to get along pretty well. He is four and she is two,

We even had some fun out in the snow:


Hannah and Dan built a small snowman.





Throwing a snowball at mommy.......it didn't make it very far.

This year for gifts my family decided to do a "homemade" or DIY(Do it yourself) theme. It was lots of fun to see what everyone came up with because it showed what they were interested(Even though not all were really homemade). Grandpa gave gold dollar coins to everyone, Grandma sewed little first aid kits to fit in the cars glove box, Mom gave miniature nutcrackers and a cook book that is still in the works, Josh and Sheena gave some cool CDs that had music and other fun things that they thought we would all like (Josh loves music and it was a lot of fun to see what he choose for each person), Tara made english toffee and handmade perfume/scents that she had made, Carly gave away smore kits with th huge jumbo marshmallows, Joel gave pictures in frames and then Dan and I did aprons. I cut out, sewed and decorated 10 aprons!! It took about 3-4 weeks to complete all of them but they were a blast to make. And I was so happy that everyone seemed to enjoy them so much because I spent days planning out each one to specifically match the person. I wish I had gotten more pictures of the all the gifts but i didn't think of it until later when I was looking at them but here are the apron pictures:

Grandpa


Grandma

Mom and Rusty


Josh and Blare ( made them with matching skull and cross bones )


Sheena
Tara
Carly (Sorry about cutting off your face, I thought I had gotten all of you. Cute socks though ;)
Joel

And Santa came on Christmas before bedtime:

From santa: a princess wand and skirt ( she loves princess things) This picture always makes me want to laugh because her underwear is about to fall off :)

From santa: a dog that you can program to know your name, favorite animal, food and color. It's pretty fun.

Monkey PJs from mommy and daddy.
From grandma.
Hannah helping Bella to open her presents form santa.
A shirt from grandma. It says "don't make me call grandma!"
Girls with monkey PJs from mom and dad.


And here a few more Christmas projects I completed:


I made a carseat cover with leftover fabric I had from making aprons. It's also reversible ( thought the tan one was a little more 'manly' for a boy)

My friend Kristi Chase and I got together and made wreaths for the holidays. I wish i would have gotten a picture of hers......it was gorgeous. It was an evergreen wreath with the golden pines cones (that we gathered and then spray painted) and some red berries and a bow. it was beautiful.;l'


I tried to copy a Merry Christmas sign I saw at The Quilted Bear ( craft store here in UT) It looks a lot better in person. I was very happy with how all my projects turned out. I look forward to showing you in the up coming months some more projects I have planned!!!

Comments

  1. Katy, you are amazing! I can't believe how many projects you were able to complete. How fun! I'm glad you had a good time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Merry Christmas! Really Looks nice Thanks for the pics and the memories Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Great Aprons! I am so glad that you could go home for Christmas! Hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please move to Texas so we can do projects together and you can teach me how to sew and I can use your beautiful girls as models to practice my photography skills and Will can have a shooting buddy and boating buddy and II can pick your brain about home design and...:-)

    You know Dallas is a big banking center, right? :-). If grad school doesn't work out that is...

    We sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment