Valentine's 2011

I have the sweetest husband and am so grateful for him. He surprised with two wonderful presents:



Box of Godiva chocolates(didn't last 30 min :) and some beautiful jewelry. He spent some time researching and trying to sneakily figure out what I like ( I had no idea what he was up to:)

He also took me out dress shopping. I haven't bought a new dress (not counting maternity) since we got married. I will admit, it was FRUSTRATING! It was so hard trying to find something modest that was my age (meaning not too young for a mom of two but still something a 22 yr old would wear) it took two days. I really appreciated him being so patient and not complaining WHILE going shopping! What more could a girl ask for?

My gift was less exciting but he loved it! I was very glad because it is VERY hard to first, surprise him and then second, find exactly what he would like. But this time, I was right on the mark. He has these magazines to cheaperthandirt (a company that sells military surplus) and mentioned how he wanted ear muffs that you wear while shooting that block loud noises but let you still hear people talking (Cool right?). And I saw this sticky note on his night stand that he mentioned were ammo he wanted to buy. It was pretty convenient for me and he didn't even see it coming :) Great gift right? Ammo and ear muffs.

We went on a date on the 15th instead of the 14th. Our great neighbors and friends, the Chases' watched our girls for us. Dan kept the activity a surprise until we arrived. It was fun trying to guess and anticipate. But he surprised me with great tickets to a play at BYU called, Circo Aereo. It was lots of fun because they did different circus acts like : A girl climbed a rope while putting on articles of clothing, different juggling acts, and many other fascinating acts. We then were able to go to Olive Garden thanks to a gift card we had been saving. It was a very fun night. It was funny because we arrived at the theater early and after we found our sits, I asked Dan how much time we had until it started. And when he said 20 min. I started to groan until I realized........NO KIDS to keep entertained for those 20 min. I could just seat there and do absolutely nothing! It was heaven. We did spend the time talking but no singing of Hannah's favorite songs :)


Overall it was just a fun excuse to enjoy each others company and to take a little extra time to think of the other person and show that we loved them. I enjoyed being showered with gifts, it reminded me that behind all of my motherly exterior there is a woman who needs to be pampered every once in a while and it gave me a chance to appreciate my sweetheart even more :)


The two of us before we left on our date (Thank you Kristi and Joe for watching our kids AND Kristi for taking the picture) And I'm in my new dress next to my handsome husband that I love:)

Comments

  1. What a great picture of the two of you! The dress is beautiful! So glad you had such a great Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Valentines! Fun to read about the preschool, Zoo, and church museum experiences.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment