20 weeks and counting

This week I hit the mid point in this pregnancy. Let me tell you a little about how the last 5 months have been. First month, didn't really know I was pregnant for sure but had my suspicions. After being told the previous month getting pregnant would become increasing difficult and to not get our hopes up, I was trying to follow that advice. When the test came back positive, I was very excited and wanted to share it with the world! A miracle had taken place for our family. The second month, was me trying to get use to the fact that, yes, there really was a baby growing inside of me. I was concerned because my nausea was mild this time. I was exhausted and wanted to sleep ALL the time. The third month, I spent looking in the mirror everyday telling Dan there was a baby bump, and Dan telling me there was not :) I also had some spotting and cramping, which turned out to only be a burst polypoid cyst. Fourth month, the nausea that I did have completely went away. I started to get worried that we would have another girl! I didn't know if I could add more sisterly drama to my day if it was. And then being worried if it was a boy, what would I do with a boy? I've never had a boy, and everyone says they are so different from girls. I was driving in a van recently with a sister in our ward who had two little boys. As we were driving, she pointed out all the trucks, cars and railroad tracks we went over. I had to laugh because when we go anywhere, I point out all the pretty flowers, dogs and other animals, and babies! It was a fun contrast :) The fifth month, we found out we were having a BOY!!! By this point, I was really hoping for a boy. Dan was pretty happy and couldn't stop smiling. I still can't believe it's a boy! The ultrasound also discovered I had an amniotic sheet or synechea. If anyone has heard of this or had one, please let me know! I would love to know more information. I wish I had had time to process it and then to ask questions. I am going in for another ultrasound in a few weeks just to make sure everything is OK and that the sheet has not attached to the baby. I feel so blessed as I feel every little movement, especially knowing there is a chance this could be the last. I try to ignore all the feelings of unease I have, chalking it up to pregnancy hormones. Let's hope that is all that is it. For now everything is going wonderfully, and I have not had any contractions! Please, pray that the rest of the pregnancy will go well and we can bring home a sweet healthy little boy when the time comes! Love you all!

Comments

  1. So excited for you! Boys are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited for you guys! Little boys are such fun! We'll keep you guys in our prayers. Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment