Recent projects

I just finished a baby blanket and two burp cloths for this little guy who is due to arrive in the next 3 months (Yeah I know, it's crazy for me too that I'm in my third trimester.  I'll try and get some pictures soon........it's like all of a sudden I just kind of popped out and everyone is like, "So you really are pregnant, it's not just a rumor!").  I want to try and finish another blanket because every baby needs two new blankets made just for them.......plus it's always good to have a back up when one is dirty.  And it wouldn't hurt to make some more burp clothes.  Some more projects I've been contemplating for him would be baby boy bedding for his crib.  Luckily I have a months until I have to have that done, he'll be in a bassinet for the first few months!  And I've been debating on borrowing, making or just buying a suit to bless him in.  Not sure what I'm going to do yet.  It seems like I haven't really done anything to get ready for him yet.  I bought a bassinet, a car seat and some newborn and 0-3months clothes for him at a  recent consignment sale.  I am hoping to find more for him at garage sales, if I can get myself up in time :) I had to laugh when a neighbor left out two nice and perfectly fine car seats to be thrown away and I brought them home to realize.......I now have not 1 or 2 but 3 car seats!  So I need to figure out what to do.  I am hoping to find a good deal on a baby swing or just borrow one.  I know I have a lot to do to get ready but at least we have the bare essentials.  I also have plans to make a diaper bag.  I've gone through so many and there was always something more I wished they would have..........so I figured I should just make my own and then I can add as many pockets and zippers as I need. I'll stop there before this turns into a post just about the baby. But so everyone knows we DO have a name picked out and will share it when he comes!

My mother in-law bought a glider rocker for us from a garage sale because she knew how much I missed the one we got rid of back in Provo.  I was very touched.  I decided to cover it with a soft ivory faux suede fabric that I thought would nice for nighttime feedings with this little one comes along. Pictures below.

I also decided to make my own laundry detergent!  It has been interesting and seems to work just fine if not a little better than the stuff I was buying before. Pictures below as well.

I also am almost finished with my ABC quiet books!  It has taken 1 year to complete both of them but I am almost finished!!!  I just need to finish putting in the eyelets and making a cover for them and they will be done. This is a project Shalyse and I have both been working on so we will both be putting pictures up as soon as they are done........which should be by the end of this month.*cross you fingers* :)




Before picture.  I forgot to take one before I started but this one still gives you a good idea of the change that was made.
After picture.....it's heavenly to sit it!
The ingredients I used for my laundry detergent.  Next time I think I will use more purex crystals to enhance the smell.  I'm all about smells right now!
The finished product!  The the yellow things you see are just the the bars of soap that have been grated, nothing else :)

Comments