Daniel Charles Clayton

I love my little baby boy.  I absolutely adore him.  And as I was pondering on how much I adored him, I realized why.  Because I love his daddy!  I absolutely adore his daddy.  Every time I look into my baby's face I see his daddy!  He looks so much like him.  I love how my baby has his daddy's ears!  I love how he gets a lopsided grin just like his daddy.  I love how his looks at me with so much love and that I am his whole world, just like his daddy.  I love how his happy, smiling face makes everything better, just like his daddy.  I love both of my Daniel Clayton's. 

I had a terrible,horrible feeling when I was up feeding my baby one morning about 1 month ago.  This terrible, horrible feeling came over me that something bad was going to happen to Dan and I was terrified.  I was up for over an hour feeling like I could hardly breathe with the prospective of something happening to him and not being able to share everyday with him.  When he got ready to leave for work I was absolutely terrified, I was choking on my fear.  I felt this overwhelming feeling to go to him and ask him not to leave.  To my relief, Dan listened to me worked from home that morning and I was able to breathe again.  Since that day I have had a new appreciation for him and all that his does.  He does sweet and simple things like letting me sleep in on Sunday mornings and bringing breakfast to me in bed. He is such a great dad!  He loves to tell the girls stories, to read to them, tease them and play with them.  The girls go running to the garage door as soon as they hear the door opening.  Dan makes everything better and has given me three beautiful children that I am so grateful for. He is such a good man.  And I am so glad that no matter what happens we will be together for all eternity. 

As for my little baby boy, I love him so much!  And can't believe how fast he is growing! He will be 4 months at the end of the month! He has started to reach out to grab things.  He rolled over from his back to his belly twice yesterday (this might just have been a fluke).  He has the biggest smile and loves to be social! I put him in front of the mirror last month and he gave his reflection the biggest smile and began to coo and 'talk' to the other baby.  And he LOVES to cuddle!  This little guy is such a cuddly little guy and eats all the time!  And I'm not sure if it's all little boys but this little boy still fills at least 3 diapers a day and I'm not talking about wet ones ;)   I love how his eyes follow me and that I'm the center of his world, at least for now :)  I sure love these two guys in my life.

Comments

  1. Dear Katy,
    So fun to catch up on your Blog tonight.
    Just a note--my little guy nursed more frequently than his four sisters did. He grew and grew and changed shoe sizes and weighed more at an earlier age than his sisters did too. I enjoyed tanking his up at night (offering often from 5-10 o'clock) because he was also a great sleep from 2 wks to 4 mos.--then he began teething...what a nightmare. God bless you and good for you for taking pictures and writing when you can. This will mean a lot to your children. (My kids love to read my journals and learn more about their funny antics and memories. It is better than any story I could read aloud to them). Oh, and a 3 ring binder (scrap booking type?) works great for a journal because you can write out of chronological order, included homemade cards and "art work" from the kids in clear holders and it becomes an interactive memory book of sorts. I guess that taking digital pictures and keeping up a blog do that too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment