December 2012 Part 3

This year for Christmas, I was really struggling to feel the Christmas spirit.  It was a hard time for me thinking about a few events that had taken place and a certain event that could take place by that time next year.  Least to say, I was feeling sorry for myself and not feeling the holiday cheer. So when someone decided to shine a little extra light into our lives around this time of year and remind me that I was loved and no matter what the future holds I needed to remember that, I knew Heavenly Father was answering my prayers and so was the family who choose us for the 12 days of Christmas.  I do not know if that family reads this blog but if they do, know that it meant so much to our family and you blessed our lives this last Christmas. I will always remember this Christmas for that reason.  We had so much fun!  Here's some pictures:

As you can tell from Bella's picture sure was eating as much candy as she was putting on the house!

She might have had a little help :)



She was so meticulous!

Reading Christmas stories from our secret friends before bed!

They were all enthralled, even Charlie.
We had a family Christmas dinner on the 23rd.  Which was at our house!  We were so excited to use our china and dining room.  It was lots of fun.  We also reenacted the Nativity.  Thank you to my mother in-law for the costumes she passed on to me!  The kids loved them!  We did a special tradition that we did every year in my home.  We would make a relish tray to go with dinner and would always make a center piece that was a.................

Penguin eggs!  You boil an egg, peel it, use toothpicks to add carrot pieces for feet and beak, olives for the head and wings and then cloves for the eyes and buttons!  they are super cute!  Hannah's holding the body with the wings and feet attached.

Comments