Busy Week

Last week was so busy!  On Monday we had a meeting with Bella's speech coodinator for 2 reasons: First, to sign paper work so Bella could start speech therapy twice a week and her 6 month IEP reevaluation and second, to start the process of Bella's transition out of NCEI and into the wake county school system which should make it possible for her to continue to have free speech therapy! After the meeting we drove a sister in our ward to the airport. We were suppose to have soccer practice but it was rescheduled due to the weather. Instead we had an FHE lesson on missionaries and put together a package for my little brother who was just leaving the MTC.

Tuesday was preschool.  Shalyse and I exchanged kids.  She took Hannah to preschool and I watched Ethan so Shalyse could go to her OB appointment.  I was able to get all of my cleaning done!  I went so far as to scrub out my oven. It felt pretty great. Dan's dad also flew in this day and we were able to have him over for dinner to enjoy his company.

Wednesday, Bella started speech therapy twice a week on this day.  We then had her 2 1/2 year Dr. appointment. Followed by a quick dinner and then Hannah's rescheduled soccer practice.

Thursday, I took Hannah to preschool and then ran errands.  I had to get the van inspected to re-registered it, hard to believe it's been a year since we purchased it!  I mailed off the package to my little brother. And then Bella, Charlie and I did story time at the library. After that we ran home for lunch and then to pick up Hannah.  Just as we were heading out the door, I realized Bella had had an accident in her underwear and then had to run back into the house to get her cleaned off.  When we came back I was so exhausted and had a headache.  Shalyse and I were suppose to get together to plan for our next sewing class but with her family coming into town and my headache we both opted out.  I've been finding myself with headaches a lot more recently.  They seem to come when I'm really tired, with the lack of sleep (Charlie is still having rough nights.  Which is ironic because he has croup right now and slept 12 hours last night!  Now if only Bella had gotten the memo to sleep through the night :) it's been a lot recently.

Friday was just as busy as always with Bella's speech therapy and then running to get out the door so we can make to Hannah's dance class.  Later in the afternoon we took Bella to the ENT. At her appointment on Wednesday I talked to her Dr. about having her hearing retested.  And she gave a referral to the ENT who called us on Thursday to set up the appointment,  and they had an opening the next day.  It happened very fast. During the hearing screening it was determined that she did have fluid in her ears and it was causing hearing loss.  We then saw the ENT after that and he determined it would be a good idea to put tubes in her ears.  The nurse said he tries NOT to put tubes in unless he feels like it is completely necessary.  I was praying that the right things would happen no matter what the answers would be.  So it looks like tubes will be placed into her ears which will hopefully help her to improve her speech quicker.  Her speech therapist said she believes Bella has phonological disorder.  Bella can only use the 'd' and 'n' sounds.  We are working really hard with her so she can say the other sounds. It has been an interesting process!

Saturday we to the community Easter egg hunt followed by soccer practice.  After soccer practice we ran some errands and then all came home and crashed!  We then were able to relax for the rest of the evening. Busy weeks make you exhausted and it reminded me why I try and keep our schedule from becoming jam packed!

I love this life and my family!

Comments

  1. Oh those sleepless nights are hard! Jacob had tubes put in his ears when he was three years old. Not a big deal. We will be praying that all goes well and that it will help her hear and speak better. Sure love you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment