4 is the lucky number

If you've been reading our blog for the last several years then you know that in Oct 2011 (2 years ago actually :)  we found out I had an amazing low egg count.  We were told having more kids would most likely be a challenge for us. That same month, we got pregnant with Charlie!  After that experience we had no idea how many more kids we would have and if Charlie would be our last.  It helped me to treasure the experience of that pregnancy a little more.
When I received my current calling (Ward RS President) we had been talking about when we should try for another baby.  We knew time was against us.  We decided to go ahead with our plan of trying as soon as Charlie turned 1.  It took us an extra month but sure enough the pregnancy test came back positive.  We were very happy.  But I am also a little ashamed to admit, I was a little panicked and worried.  I was just barely getting my new responsibilities to the point where I didn't feel as though I was constantly running.  It was hard.  I was wondering why the Lord has chosen me for the enormous task that seemed impossible. I felt inadequate.  And to top all of that, I have never been this sick with a pregnancy before.  I have been so sick some days that I know I have asked Heavenly Father why this couldn't have been my easiest pregnancy to date ;) Oh silly me.  Seeing things so humanly and not with the faith I should have been.
Last week was General Conference. I was SO sick the 3 days prior to conference.........to the point I was carrying a bowl or a bottle of ginger ale around with me. Hearing conference was exactly what I needed. When I went in for my ultrasound that following week and saw my little bean's heartbeat I realized how HAPPY  and excited I was and that everything is going to be just fine :)  The Lord's hand is in my life and I just needed a little extra faith.  Now don't get me wrong..........I have still been very very sick but when I need to get something done for my calling, I find the strength to do it.  When my kids need me, somehow I manage to do it! Anyways, that's our announcement if you haven't heard yet......baby #4 is on it's way!

Comments