30 week update

Just an update on some things that happened today.  So over the weekend I continued to feel sicker and sicker.  Sunday I was extremely nauseated and vomiting towards the end of the day.  I also was having severe upper abdominal pain.  I was up from 12:30 until 5:30 last night in so much pain.  It was brutal.  When I woke up I called the dr. get in to see someone today.  When I got there they retested my urine.  I had high levels of leukocytes and ketones in my urine.  And the real kicker is that the culture they sent in on Friday came back negative meaning I did NOT have an infection.  Talk about crazy.  So after talking to the midwife she decided to call the OB that was on call.  Right after she did that and was getting ready to send me to the hospital, I started getting faint and my heart was racing.  They decided to start an IV right then and there and they were going to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital but I decided to have Dan come and drive me over.  Once we were over there I was admitted and they started me on a sugar water.  Apparently my body thought I was starving and dehydrated, both very bad things while carrying a little one. I think the most confusing part is they didn't know if I had kidney stones or something else going on.  As of right now it's all been chalked up to dehydration. I'm still not feeling a 100% better. I'll be on bed rest the next day or two. So we will see what happens.

Comments