30 weeks

My 30 week appointment went a lot different then I had anticipated.  I thought I would go in for a quick, measue the belly and check baby's heartbeat.  It ended up being closer to an hour. When they checked my urine, I had leukocytes, protein and blood in my urine.  Which apparently all mean I have a kidney infection.  I had been feeling pretty run down all week and was having lots of cramps.  The midwife also decided to do a pelvic exam and an ultrasound to check my cervix.  Baby girl dropped around the same time I started cramping.  She wanted to check several different things (sorry if this is too much detail),  if there was any dilation, softening of the cervix and the effacement of the cervix.  Luckily, everything checked out just fine!  So that was a relief, no need to be put on bed rest!
She did not mention if I was measuring on target or small so I take it everything is fine with that.  I'm on an antibiotic, Macrobid.  Which I was on last time I ended up in the hospital with a kidney infection.  I think I'm feeling better....I just get tired very easily. Only 7 more weeks and we'll be full term.

Comments

Post a Comment