37 weeks

Today was my 37 week appointment.  Baby looks good, measuring great, Group B Strep came back negative and blood pressure was great.  The computer system was down so not sure about urine but it's probably fine.  I asked for a booster on my TDap.  Apparently, tons of newborns are catching pertussis from their moms and so they recommend getting a boost in the last trimester or right after giving birth.
  I also talked to the midwife about my fears of not making it to the hospital.  With Charlie when my water broke I went from 4 cm and 75% effaced to having a baby an hour later.  Our house is at least 30 mins from the hospital, not including loading kids in, dropping them off and any traffic.  With Hannah it was 3 hours, Bella an hour and a half and with Charlie only being an hour I have a little anxiety about things taking off faster this time and that we would be lucky to make it there. The midwife said that as long as I am 3-4 cm in the next two appointments we can schedule to have my water broken at the hospital if we wanted. She seemed to think it was a good idea. So we will see, I will admit the idea of being induced does relieve a lot of my anxiety (the other part is the after birth, it was fairly traumatic last time, which you could ask how is that possible.  You see my placenta had a hard time coming out and the midwife pushed hard and kneaded my stomach as well as sticking her arm up into my uterus to yank on the cord... all unmediated and did this for close to 5 mins with out any relief.  I'm more scared of that then pushing a child out of me :). The midwife I talked to about it a few weeks back said they could give me a quick shot of pain medicine that would take a minute to work to relieve the pain if that had to happen again.) I'll make an update next week!

Comments