Calm

I realized my last post was probably sounding pretty desperate and ungrateful.  I had been up that night and my emotions were EVERYWHERE yesterday, ask Dan :).  After finding out I was not dilated I went from obsessing from having a really fast labor and wanting to be induced to worrying if she would be so late that my mom would miss the event during the short window she will be here.  I really want her to be here to watch the kids and to have her help during that time so that Dan can save his paternity leave until the week after she goes home so I would have 2 weeks of extra help. If 4 is anything like 3, I'll need it.
So here's my thoughts on being induced.  It's not that I necessarily want to be induced as much as, 1) I want to be able to make it to the hospital in time ( which is not looking like it will a problem) and 2) so childcare can be arranged and I will have maximum time with extra hands to help. And I really want my mom to have a chance to meet her!  I would much prefer to let my body go when it's ready but there is a time table I would like to follow.  I am much more calm today after getting a better nights sleep and realizing it's still nearly 2 weeks from my due date, so what's the worry?  I AM grateful for a healthy baby and will be happy whenever she decides to make her entrance. I just hope it's before May 27th!

Comments