Freezer Meal Update

We have been eating freezer meals for the last month and it has been WONDERFUL!  I can't believe how much easier it has made life the last 4-5 weeks.  A few reasons why I love freezer meals:

1) I don't have to ask myself what's for dinner.  I have my meals planned out until the end of July.

2)  I can look at my meal calendar in the morning and pull it out to be thawed, or wait until right before I need to start baking it.

3)  I've only made 2-3 dinners since we've had a baby.

4) My stress level is WAY down at dinner time.  Faith usually eats around the time I need to make dinner..........all I have to do is pop it in the oven or a pot and sit back and feed her! Everyone is happier!

5) We have healthy meals that I don't have to spend hours making ( I did that weeks ago)when I'm exhausted or decided to take a longer nap that are done right on time. 

Let me give a review on the meals I made and tell which ones have been our favorites and what I would changed next time.

Favorites:
Chicken Chimichangas- We loved them and they tasted just as though they were fresh.
Chicken Penne Pasta-  This was one EVERYONE loved!  And it was super delicious. It turned out great.  Definitely a keeper.
Chicken Stir Fry- Another HUGE hit.  Next time though I wouldn't cook the bell peppers and freeze the broccoli when it's undercooked.
Quesadilla Casserole- Was great because it lasted for 2 meals.
PB Monster cookies- The dough never freezes into something hard which is nice for baking
Orange dream pie- A nice cold summer treat.

Liked:
Chicken Chili- Yummy.  I liked it but not all the kids enjoy it
Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup- Next time I will take it out the night before.
Chicken Pot pie- These are nice because you just stick them in the oven completely frozen. So no thawing time.
Blueberry and peach Oatmeal- A little too sugary, I'll add less sugar next time.
Ham and Cheese Braid- Eat it all for dinner, it doesn't store well.
Sloppy Joes- Dan and I liked them....the kids not as much
Mexican Soup- Delicious.  I will just do taco soup next though because it has half the ingredients and just as good.
Biscuits- Turned out good.  We've had some for lunches and breakfasts.
Smoothies- I have loved having them ready to go. The banana did NOT freeze well and became the dominate fruit you taste.  I would just use fresh bananas next time while blending or go without.
Breakfast Burritos- I will eat 1-2 for lunch or breakfast sometimes.

Not a Hit:
Pizza- The dough didn't rise and it was raw in the middle no matter what I did. Won't be making it as a freezer meal again.
Pumpkin Blueberry French Toast - It ended up being mushy and the pumpkin just wasn't my favorite.  I will make again but with french bread slices instead of chunks and for go the pumpkin.

Haven't tried yet:
Chicken Enchilidas
Beef Chimichangas
Farmer's Breakfast Casserole
Brownies
 
 
We still have 23 meals left! I am definitely doing this for our next baby! If you want my recipes email me and I can send them to you.  Any questions, let me know. 

Comments