Hard Day

Today has been a hard day but probably not for the reasons you would think.  I have a friend in my ward who went in for a normal OB appointment at 24 weeks to find that her baby boy didn't have a heart beat.  She was sent over to L&D to be induced. After laboring for several hours she gave birth to her beautiful, tiny, little boy.  It's so heartbreaking.  It has hit me really hard and my heartaches for her and her family.
I can't imagine having to go through hours of labor knowing your sweet child has already passed on. Enduring the physical and emotional pain. I am at a loss as how to express to her how my heart aches for her.  I have offered my condolences and have been praying for her comfort but I feel like words are so empty.  Here I am holding my sweet babe in my arms while hers are empty.  It doesn't seem fair. It has led me to hold my sweet little girl closer and thank my Father in Heaven that I have had the chance to be with her and to have her for this last month.
 Faith is one month old today.We went in for her one month appointment this morning.  It was my first time to the pediatricians office with all four kids.  I was surprised by her attitude.  We have loved having her as a Dr.  But today she seemed to have negative feelings on how close all my kids are.  She was careful not to express it openly but it was written on her face and in her comments and tone.  I wanted to tell her how blessed I am that I have all 4 of my kids with me.  There are so many parents who have lost their children or those who can't have children.
The night before I went to the hospital to have Faith, Dan gave me a priesthood blessing.  In the blessing I was told how pleased Heavenly Father was with me for providing bodies and a loving home for his beloved, special spirits.
Today is a hard day because I feel so blessed, while a friend and sister I care and love for has lost something so dear.
May we thank our Heavenly Father daily for our blessings.

Comments

  1. Katy thank you for sharing this I know that many in this world do not see the blessing that comes from having families I am thankful to you for being such a good mother anf for each child that has come into your family I am thankful that you know the reason each child has come I see each one and find such joy in them Each unique fun loving and happy because of you My dear sweet daughter go forward do what you do best I love you Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment