Life with 4 kids

I was told after the 3rd child it's just like adding another and yes there is a little bit extra work but it's not as difficult as the first 3 are.  So far I have found that to be the case.  It was a great blessing that the second week when we had the biggest adjustment of having my mom go home and Dan going back to work she slept 5-6 hours through the night.  I was able to manage having fours kids because I was getting just barely enough sleep.  Of course once we got through that challenge of adjusting she hasn't been sleeping very well at all during the night but I can make it through each day because we got this down ;).  No, in truth I know The Lord is with me on days like Monday where I had to function on less than 5 hours of sleep but still managed to get our laundry done and the basic cleaning   around the house to make it live able.  The sleep deprivation is hard but somehow we are making it through.  I just get to have only half brain!

Yesterday we had our big outing with just me and the 4 kids.  We went to our wards play group and then were invited to go swimming at the local neighborhood pool.  We went to both.  We survived with only the minor almost drowning of Charlie.  We were all exhausted when we got back.  My one and only saving grace right now is everyday I get a nap.  That afternoon nap is the only thing that keeps me from becoming a zombie.

I attended church the Sunday after I had Faith.  I had planned on staying home and resting but woke up well rested and felt the need to go.  In a way I was ripping off the bandaid.  I knew my first Sunday back was going to be hard no matter when I went back.  And it was.  It was really hard but luckily I was able to hold it all together until I got home.  I am going to miss serving the sisters in my ward.  The love and desire to serve them is still there.  I feel like I wasn't finished yet but Heavenly Father made the decision for me in his infinite wisdom and I have to trust him and have faith. That has actually been one of the hardest emotional tolls on me since I've had my baby. 

We shall see how life is once we have a Kindergartener and we will have get up earlier to get her ready and out the door on time!  It will be easier with only 3 at home I suppose.  But the best part is, we have another beautiful daughter and we love her very much.  We feel so blessed to have her as part of our family. I'm sure I'll have more adventures to share as we go forward but for now this is all! 

Comments