Flu

I do not have much exciting to put on the blog yet (I have to upload some pictures and videos from our camera) but hope to have time tomorrow. Last week flew by!  Tuesday evening we had the neighborhood garden meeting, here at our house and had several people turn up, which had Dan excited ( or at least as excited as he gets.:). Wednesday night we were awoken at 1am by Charlie, he had thrown up.  Dan had to clean up his room and I gave Charlie a shower.  I DO NOT do well with throw up....I think I've averaged about 13 months total in my life of having had morning sickness, I'll never be the same again ;).  Bella woke up at 4am complaining of a belly ache....I'm sure you can see where this is going.  We didn't really get sleep because Charlie has yet to be trained in the methods of using a bowl.....  Thursday night Bella still has some residual throwing up but seemed find Friday.
Charlie had his 2 1/2 year well child check up and is growing!  He is now back in the charts for height :). And jumped with his weight as well....he is still a pretty small guy but seriously cute as can be!  The doctor noticed one of his ears didn't look normal and said it looked like he was just getting over a bug and his ear would probably be fine.
 Friday night while watching Ben and Shalyse's kids, Hannah started throwing up. Luckily we had kept all the kids quarantined except Faith, while they were here.  Again, long night.....Faith woke up around 6 am throwing up.  She spent Saturday throwing up. I started to not feel so well but luckily had some Zofran from when I was pregnant with Faith which helped to keep the worst of the symptoms at bay.  I pretty much didn't do anything on Satuday though. Dan started feeling a little off that night. Faith still was throwing up Saturday night. Sunday we spent disinfecting the house and staying home.  Sunday evening Dan became extremely sick and spent all night throwing up. Charlie also had a rough time and was complaining of ear pain.
Monday, Dan stayed home and rested.  It takes ALOT to get him not work from home when he's sick.  He's still not feeling 100% and worked from home today. Charlie had another rough night last night so I took him in to see the doctor today.  The ear that did not look 'normal' had become worse and indeed was infected.  Which is weird because he hasn't had anything colds in several weeks.
So we just can't seem to catch a break this winter!  Between, strep, the flu (that was soooo miserable), colds, bronchitis, stomach flu,ear infections, teething and other similar illness we haven't had a good night rest in a long time!  But I guess that's life and we will miss it all some day (not sure if I believe that one)!  I did talk to my sister, Carly, Sunday and she is SOOO sick with the flu.  I told her she needed to go to urgent care because she was NOT doing well.  I haven't had a chance to check on her since but hopefully she is doing better.  Love her!
I'll be updating my yearly house updates post and our little 'walker' !

Comments